July 24, 2006

Gasoline

I don't really pay much attention to the news.

I occasionally read the State News, but only really because I can get it for free on campus, the crossword is pretty good, and a friend of mine is one of the music writers, and I like to read what he writes. Generally, I find it a poor publication, but I pick it up sometimes.

I also won't pay for a newspaper, much less find the time to sit and read it.

Don't even get me started on television, I rarely turn mine on unless I'm putting a DVD in.

As a result, I get my news online.

Forget CNN and MSNBC, or any of that crap. I go straight to the BBC, who I think has some of the best coverage of America on the planet. Kind of funny huh?

I also don't own a car, so I don't pay too close attention to gas prices. Occasionally I put gas in my girlfriend's car, so sometimes I notice. But I generally get around on a bike, unless someone (usually the girlfriend) gives me a ride.

So I took some notice when I read this article on the BBC, stating that US gas prices are at an all-time high.

Not that I hadn't noticed that gas prices were a whole hell of a lot higher lately, but I feel like and old man when I say things like "I remember when I started driving, and gas was so much cheaper...". I feel like an old man enough, so I don't need that shit.

And apparently while I'm seeing places selling gas for more, the US average is only $3.015 a gallon. It almost doesn't seem that bad any more, since its been higher than that here, and its raised so gradually. Unbelievable. Its times like this that I love my bike.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home