August 04, 2006

Beam me up, Scotty.

More than a year after his death resulting from Alzheimer's and pneumonia, Jimmy Doohan, the man who played Mr Scott on Star Trek is finally making it to space.

According to his wife,
[quote]"He finally gets his wish, I can't think of a more fitting send-off than having some of his fans attend this, his final journey."[/quote]



His ashes join those of Timothy Leary and Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry among the stars. On this launch will also be the remains of Star Trek writer John Meredyth Lucas.

I personally always liked Scotty. Not as much as Mr Spock, but those two characters were always the two I really appreciated, especially in a few of the movies. They took their roles and made them into performances.

When he died, it made me sad to think that he will no longer be around, but its good to see him finally make it to space.

Source 1, Source 2.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home